Van Houten-Ackerman House
In the 1700s this home was built on Sicomac Avenue. Also called Wellsweep, it is purported to be the first Van Houten home in the area and was originally built as a one-room house. John Van Houten was the owner in 1859, and then the house went to Maria Ackerman, his sister. The kitchen still shows the old wooden beams attached by wooden pegs. A 20th century owner added an old tenant building moved from Closter.