In this 1910 photograph, Fire Company No. 1 is seen with its first piece of firefighting equipment, a two-wheeled chemical unit purchased for $150 that came from fundraising events. The equipment was kept in Charles Hartung’s barn. Pictured from left to right are (front row): A.J. Laurence, Charles Vanderhoff, H.C. Harned, Harold Parmley, Williams Winters, Bruce Scott, Valentine Goetz, Charles Parmley, two unidentified men, and ? Porter; (back row) William Scott, Adrain Westveer, Joseph Ruddick, Daniel DePew, Joseph Duthie, John Lawrence, two unidentified men, Peter Van Houten, Herman Klomburg, Walter Wright, and three unidentified men.