The Meer House is what is left of a much larger piece of land. A portion was donated to the town with the intent of building a new school, but it was not needed, and the town eventually used it to build Wyckoff Community Park. The original Italian-style house was constructed c. 1850. It is historically known as the Stagg-Van Winkle House. It was converted to a mansion c. 1900.
The property was recently sold. Renovations are being made to the main house while two new houses are being constructed on either side.