This large home was built by Douglas Cairns c. 1770. In 1779, he married a Dutch girl and operated mills in the ravine across the street. The third owner, James Blauvelt, was in the Revolutionary War and was noted for his fight in the Battle of Liberty Pole, near Englewood. He established the successful Blauvelts Mills. A later owner, Judge Stevenson, produced a mold of butter called Depe Voll, meaning “deep brook” in the early 1800s. The Dambachs purchased the home in the 1970s. The Dambachs were also one of the original couples who formed the Wyckoff Historical Society.