Edward P. Harned’s general store is seen in the year it was opened, 1919. Fire Chief Charlie Parmley’s house is in the middle of the photograph. Harned’s store was on Franklin Avenue about where Wyckoff Lighting stands today. It was destroyed by a fire in 1922, but Harned was persuaded by the local building and loan association to rebuild and open another store. The new building was a fixture in town until c. 1980 when it beame the Ivy Shop.