Russell Farms was originally 33 acres that were sold to John Duryea in 1878. Edward Russell purchased the farm in 1906 and ran it as a wholesale apple farm. It was sold to Dorothy Long in 1941, and in 1950, it functioned as a retail farm. Until recently, Russell Orchards, as it was known, was owned and operated by Mark Cole and Paul Burke. This 1938 view shows the original farmhouse, which stands off Sicomac Avenue. In the middle right is the original Sicomac Schoolhouse, where the Sicomac firehouse stands today.