The church was a powerful influence for the early Dutch settlers. They began attending the Dutch Reformed Church at the Ponds (now Oakland) c. 1710.
Wyckoff was an attractive place for different faiths to build houses of worship in town. The Church of St. Elizabeth built a small church in 1903. Followed by the Wyckoff Gospel Mission Church in 1923. Other houses of worship included:
- Cornerstone Christian Church of Wyckoff (1957)
- Second Reformed Church (1958)
- Advent Lutheran Church (1958)
- Grace United Methodist Church (1964)
- Bethany Church (1971)
- St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church (1973)
- Covenant Protestant Reformed Church (1974
- Temple Beth Rishon (1975)
- Faith Community Christian Reformed Church (1978)
- Bergen Testimony Church (1986)
- Cedar Hill Christian Reformed Church of Wyckoff (1990)
Wyckoff was named in an Associated Press report mentioning the large number of houses of worship for the small number of people residing in the town.
Legend has it that Native Americans buried their dead near Sicomac Avenue. The Wyckoff Reformed Church Cemetery was an important burial site for the early settlers in town and is an important historical record. The Union Cemetery is the other pre-Revolutionary burial ground in town with headstones dating back to the 1760s. This cemetery is in the process of being restored by the Wyckoff Historical Society and concerned residents.
Wyckoff has also had a long history of honoring Memorial Day. Several monuments have been erected in town to honor those who lost their lives in the service of their country.